mmmkay... so I didn't get it ALL done...

stuff like that never goes as planned...

see, let me s'plain... I got distracted on a book... an altered book. though not in the way you'd expect. LMAO... it isn't done yet!!!

this is my "distraction"...

there is just something amazing to what happens when you get bleed through of colors from one to another and then combine or blend them together... this is not done yet... I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with the rest of the textured flowers on the lower cover, or what, if anything, goes in the "sky" portion... and I decided I needed some journal page backgrounds... and some ATC backgrounds and some Moo card backgrounds... and... yeah.

I wanted to get messy so I did.

so first you use texturing paste on the paper, with or without a stencil... 

then I spray it with purple (primarily because I do not own purple paint... well, water color... and that's it... so if I want purple, and I do... then spray it I must)

so... indian yellow and bright aqua blue paints are "scrunged" (I don't know the real term here, I'm scrubbing my round nylon bristle brush that cost about .25c in circles all around the area, occasionally dipping it in a little water until the area is covered, sometimes lighter than others) over the purple and into each other so that there's greens and strange oranges happening in addition to the blue at the edges of the purple and the purple bleeding back through, as dylusions are want to do.

this is a bit of a cheat, since this page is not the ones you'll see below but it shows the "steps" a little better from this vantage point... once the colors have dried I use white on a brush and scrub/"scrunge" it into the edges and around some of the areas, dipping and getting more white where I want it to really stand out and letting it just make a pastel where I'm happy for it to... 

from 2 small panels (remember, I cheated showing the one above this, which is one nice big piece of card stock actually MEASURED to be ATC's) I got 12 ATC backs or bits... 3 sort of scrappy bits for my journal and 2 long panels that can also make their way into my journal... 

it is also important to note that this particular method bleeds through - A LOT... so anything I choose to put ON these papers will allow the red and purple to come up and through.

and showing off a little... I love cutting them into bits almost as much as I love making them... you never know what they'll really look like until you do and can see the different "segments" as individuals... look... 

kinda cool, huh? now what do I put on them?

Comments

Popular Posts