12SquaredSimpleGifts - Pen Pal Edition Hanging Garland

This series is one that my friends all look forward to and at different times I get messages from other persons who have stumbled in and are excited until they learn I failed to get out 12 some years. :D So this year I'm making sure no one is let down.

12 gifts you can make and include in a standard envelope to a friend, penpal or family member. Something that doesn't have to wait for the holidays and doesn't have to be about holiday gifting at all. I love sending surprises in the mail that didn't cost me an arm and a leg or tons of time and effort and that still say "You are special and you matter to me."

Many of these ideas can be combined. I'll try to remember each time to list the other projects that can combine with each one, and if you happen to see something I missed or didn't think of, please message me at 12SquaredCreations and let me know - tag me if you make it so I can see! I love seeing all the amazing ways everyone else thinks of things, or makes the things I offer up as ideas.

TWO: Hanging Garland (again, 12SquaredWords style, so 144 or less words!)

SUPPLIES NEEDED: yarn, string or thin cord, scissors, colored paper or your own decorated paper, glue or double sided tape

Decorate your paper or find pretty paper. 

Cut 20 of the same shape from the paper. (or pairs of different shapes as shown)

Cut 10.5 feet of yarn/string/thin cord. Tie a little loop at each end.

Every 6 inches pair 2 of your identical shapes back to back and glue them together around the string.


I wrapped mine around a card. I will mail mine with instructions (see below) to encourage the recipient to pay it forward.

Please tag me at 12SquaredCreations on Instagram if you make this and send them to friends or get one as a gift because I love to see what other people make!

(143 words)

Comments

Popular Posts