Crochet Hair Tie

This year I'm working all year to fill a box of goodies that will make cute fun little packages of gifts for friends and family... I've already got some stickers, inspirational 1" pin back buttons/badges and some really nifty little wax seal stickers - and now we're adding crochet hair ties. You all know me, I also have sets of 3 FOE hair ties for folks who are less likely to ever wear crochet. 

For my Patrons, this video is available on my YouTube and is also here for you... if you're brave enough to try some crochet!


Crochet Hair Tie

The "written pattern" in so much as you'd need it.

All crochet terms are in American Crochet Terminology

You will need to know how to Single Crochet, Chain and Slip Stitch

Abbreviations:

  • SC = Single Crochet
  • CH = Chain
  • SLST = Slip Stitch
  • F/O = Finish Off (pull the yarn through the loop and sew in your ends
Supplies:
  • approx 30 yds worsted weight/medium weight/aran weight yarn
  • 5.5mm crochet hook
  • elastic hair tie
  • scissors
  • yarn/darning needle
Round 1: SC around the elastic hair tie until none of the elastic is showing. I made 40 SC in Round 1.
Round 2: SLST into the top of the first SC from Round 1. CH 3 and SLST into the top of the next SC from Round 1. CH 3 and SLST into the top of the next SC from Round 1. Continue this all the way around. Finish by SLST into the top of your first SLST in this Round and then F/O by sewing in your ends. 
I recommend sewing in your ends along the length of the stitches towards the middle, not around the circumference of the elastic because your ends will be less likely to unweave themselves this way.

Have fun and make a bunch. I made a total of 20 of these because I won't send just 1 to everyone, I have some friends with long hair that I know will use them and so they'll get a trio of fun colors and textures to use. My total time was shown in the video, and when I'm not talking I can turn them out in about 6 minutes! 

Comments

Popular Posts