Small Gifts Can Go Far

In fact... if you make them small enough they can go anywhere in the world that a mailman can go.

I got this wonderful idea from Karen Titus, Cardmaker on Instagram... Stamping On The Back Porch! (A name I frickin' adore, btw) Corner Bookmark Card. She has a website, YouTube channel and many other ways to find and purchase her classes and tutorials... and gives SO much away free on her Instagram and YouTube that I HAVE to tell you about her... because we're a community and the more we share and come together the stronger and more amazing we ALL become! Her giving makes my heart sing!

Now, I wanted THIN... it was important to me. I really do want this to tuck into a 2-3 page letter and still be thin enough to mail anywhere for a single stamp. So I used green masking paper (the sort painters use) it's like $6.00 on Amazon... for a roll of 60 yards! (I also use this to write letters on-LOL) I cut up the cover of a paper pad (so many pretty images there for the taking!) and stamped some little girls then colored them in with alcohol markers and colored pencils (I also added glittery accents with gel pens) and layered them on top of these wonderful butterfly die cuts that I got on Etsy from MamaJammaCrafts



They come together SO quickly and SO beautifully... and I'm certain they'll mail exactly how I want them to and be fun and lovely when received. A perfect little gift for a friend that you know devours books as their rest. And if you like the process of assembly line making, coloring and paper folding then gluing then it's also a fun way to recharge your own batteries while making a gift for someone else! Double win!

Some notes. I taped the inside of the folds because the paper IS thin and I don't want to give a gift that tears out along the edge of it's most fun feature... and I used double sided tape more than I used glue because this thin paper will warp with wet glue and again, I wanted them to look nice, just be thin. :D

As always, please tag me so I can see what you did... and in this case please also tag Karen, since it was originally her idea and she will love to see, too... I'm CERTAIN of it!

Show me! #12SquaredCreations on Instagram and 

Show HER! #StampingOnTheBackPorch on Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts