2-1123 November How-To Holiday! 2023: Altered Notebook - Video

Howdy! I'm ONLY doing this one as a video because you won't believe me when I tell you that this is like 98% fun and only 2% work... and you can turn it into 100% fun by just not bothering with the work part. So I'll SHOW you. :D

stickers and things hanging over edges as "page tabs"
postcards and stickers willy nilly throughout
layers of things taped in, written on or used as dividers
the outside cover makes a perfect pocket when wrapped to the inside.
just the fun and joy of the insanity of having no rules... 
THAT'S what an altered notebook is about! 
Well, for ME... you gotta do YOU or it's not yours, right?

You'll need:

  • a pre-made notebook or journal of some sort - I got mine on Amazon cheap, but you could make them. HERE is a post I put up awhile ago showing how to turn a greeting card into a notebook.
  • stickers
  • washi tape
  • glue
  • paper pieces, scraps, bits and pieces, envelopes, cards or cardstock... I bet there's some in your stash
  • string yarn or ribbon, if you want it
  • scissors
  • a couple hours of your time
Begin by watching my video... I kept it short because you just needed PROOF... you already know how to do this. Everyone does.
  1. As seen in the video, if you're doing the little bit of work you will also require a ruler and a paper cutter and some double sided tape or a tape roller so that you can begin by covering the notebook in cardstock. Follow my instructions there for a fairly easy step-by-step.
  2. NOW... add sticker tabs to pages and back them with paper or matching stickers.
  3. Add stickers, ephemera, quotes, pictures... scraps of paper or mini collages wherever you think they need to be.
  4. Paperclip in some bits and pieces, or a note or holiday card.
  5. Have you made one of Stephanie's hidden paperclips? You COULD tuck in one of those with something fun underneath.
  6. When you're done a great way to wrap these is in newspaper, wax paper or your own painted papers. I happen to have used little bags because I had them. This year has been trying to craft my stash and de-stash at the same time and I'm going to have to do it again in 2024! LOL
The MOST important thing to remember is that there are no rules. If you decided to "kill a paper pad" and put yourself in that creativity box then stay there and really go bananas with it... and if, like me, you're trying to clear out a bunch of stuff from your stash, just keep going until you feel like you've put in all the things that would encourage someone to use this notebook as a commonplace book or a journal or maybe an address or contact book. I mean... your only limits are placed by YOU, really. That's true for all of us.

If you decide to alter a notebook and go crazy with it, please tag me @12SquaredCreations on Instagram or #12SquaredCreationsPatreon so that I can see because I love this stuff SO much and every time anyone does something like this I learn something new because every one of us is different and has different ways of doing, seeing and playing with things! :D

Comments

Popular Posts