it's a jumping off point...

 rainbows rainbows rainbows everywhere... 

so first, magnets and sets. easy peasy. art by Arttealife, Cobra Graphics and some others
literally bought wooden scrabble tiles or other shapes and glued on magnets.
applied fun stuff to the other side with modpodge and WOOT... magnets!

and then a rainbow army of polyclay foods carried away by ants...
marshmallow guys will be a seasonal gift for family and friends.
next will be easter. :D
all of these went to new owners within a week of their birth. not bad, really.

and then I got an idea for a way to cull my stash AND make stuff to sell.
rainbow and rainbows of journals... 
what you're seeing here are page hangs/bookmarks with notebooks in them and
paper pens with paper clips and hidden paperclips. in all the colors.

to go with... something like these
except that THESE are MINE... none I sell will be exactly like this
1. because I can't choose someone else's style
2. because it wont be cost effective to make this set for anyone else ($225 for the set if I were selling)
3. stuff like this doesn't sell well, it's my experience

so... here's MY 2022 journal assignment/project... and a view of what I'm making, sort of.
9 monochromatic themed journals...
pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black/white and brown
here's a look at pink.
in mine I've chosen to go in my own style.
the clear sleeves are put in and kept in place with glue, 
tape and then more tape in colors.
to sell they'll be some clear pockets, some cards and a little stickers and stuff.
(they wont have NSW cards or images like I will)
how they arrange them and what they do is up to them.

here's red...
the colored little cards came from a set of cards called Spiritual AF from KnockKnock 
The cards in sleeves are from different sets of wall collage cards in color themes.
I'm sad that only a couple came with quotes on the backs... 
and also glad, because now I can put in my OWN quotes and art!
the wall collage things can be found on Etsy or Amazon. Click names for links.
you can even print your own
and here's orange... 
the images you see in my journals were chosen from 50 cards and are the ones I wanted.
here is a good place to view some of my other ephemera.
macaroni envelope. spare orange themed wall collage card. spiritual af card,
a handmade envelope of some orange flowers from a magazine. 
orange envelope and flat card set and a mini-envelope. 
all tucked into a 4x4 clear photo slide that lifts, should I want to 
turn this into a tuck spot later or something.
and yellow...
note front page has slot pocket filled with stickers of different types.
under this in the main pocket are some other stickers. 
THOSE will be included with journals. 
on top, those mostly will not.
you're seeing pin-up girls, comic book frames and other stickers
that were part of my personal ephemera.
yellow and red were the sets with quotes on the back.
and green...
and blue baby blue...
come on... I had to... Jacked up Coffee indeed! 
ALWAYS needful. :D
and purple... 
this card almost didn't make the cut. 
I feel like she's dramatically saying what could be more subtle.
and then... why NOT? I love her and she's in my journal, not someone else's.
same for this PET tape washi... OMG... entirely over the top and somehow... needful.
and then Black and White because OMG... my fave had to make it SOMEWHERE
I just know we're going to live this way one day here in the US. 
and I forgot to mention until now... most all of the black and white
washi tape used throughout this whole spread is prints from
JLBCreativeCo. because he makes me SO happy!
I say something about the melodrama of the purple girl in water coming up and feeling
awkwardly like it's way too obvious and then I see this set and roll my eyes.
again... these are MY set for MY journals...
I know I'm climbing up from a deep dark place and looking for the road.
Now you do, too.
this little flip up to show that even black fruits count. LMAO 
I don't know where the woman who made these envelopes found them, 
I just know that now 4-6 years later I am using them and SO glad I have them!
and BROWN... or tan... or kraft... 
so yeah... 540 pages before you count the cards in each one that can be decorated,
new things I find or want to include, new cards I get and want to see in these books.
a lot to bite off... and I feel like I'm up to the challenge.

NOW... for the shop... there will be entirely handmade journals in a rainbow 
(thinking 90 pages total 180 when sewn together and bound)
each will have a small assortment of colorful things to go inside
including the wall collage cards and other pieces I have here 
(and the rainbow ephemera you saw like 1000 pictures ago ^^^ in this post)

AND... there will be one of each color like mine with all the same goodie type things
and the freedom to not have to commit to a whole rainbow right away.

More rainbows coming. My shop is about to explode again. :D

Did you hear about the rainbow of wish dolls? LOL Book worms?
Another post, then... xoxo








Comments

Popular Posts