A poem... for a LEP swap. I'll add the art when I've made the art.

 

the crone

in my youth I sought to be the butterfly
wild and joyous and free.
and then life brought me into a place
where I was more like a busy busy bee.
working hard, head down, 
do as I'm told and never take the time to see.
I was passionate and hard
exhausted and torn apart by the breeze;
carried this way and that way
never really rested and always ready to flee.
battlements were raised and felled, 
journeys conquered and inside me always this plea
to just be joyously seen or an invisible working drone,
anything other than part of my confused life's debris.
then one day it opened and my heart felt the stir
as if all of my life's dissonance had at last found the key.
so that now in the fall of my life I have found
my peace and my joy comes from just being me.

-ruth hinman

Comments

Popular Posts