12 Squared Simple Gifts - Ridiculously cute and fun Diamond Sticker Mini Notes

I wanted to share this with you because I've been doing it for a few months and it makes me insanely happy... and I think you could enjoy it, too!

The Ingredients

  • 110 pound cardstock - a whole ream of 250 pages will set you back about $20, any cardstock will do! I've even used one sided cardstock scraps, you just want to be careful with your patterns
  • 3.25x3.25 envelopes or envelopes the size of your own cards. These LUXPaper ones are $11 for 50
  • A diamond painting sticker kit - I have done all 3 of the ones pictured and linked below - the super deluxe ones (bunny with glasses) are a little bigger
  • A paper cutter - you'll need to cut down your cardstock to 3x6 if you're making your own card base
  • A score board or straight edge ruler to score your cards at 3" to fold into 3x3 cards
  • An envelope punch board or reliable template/pattern for making your own envelopes if you don't want to buy them
  • If you're extra like me, these tiny stickers and an AveryLabels.com account can make amazing little labels for the back of your cards! (these are template 5167 on their site, even though the labels linked are a generic brand)




Ok... so from here it's really pretty straight forward and easy to do.
  1. Make the stickers!
  2. Cut the cards to the sizes you've decided on. I like things to match, so I went with the largest measurement and made all the others the same size. TIP: If you cut the HEIGHT of your cards first (ie: 2 1/2 square is 5" tall, 3" square is 6" tall) you can score the fold line BEFORE you cut them apart and save yourself a little bit of time!
  3. Create your mini labels/stickers on Averylabels.com if you're going to.
  4. Print your mini labels/stickers if you're going to make them.
  5. STICK STICKERS TO YOUR CARDS!
  6. admire your amazing work. Aren't they BEAUTIFUL?
SOOOOO... just a quick note. You can make these with the cool chipboard stickers from many card and scrapbooking kits, puffy stickers from the dollar store, flat vinyl stickers from your favorite maker... you don't HAVE to diamond paint. But why not try it? I mean... I have no interest in diamond painting some big ass thing for my wall, and they're SO stinkin' cute!

Ok... so NOW what? I have no interest in selling these on Etsy or anything.

GIFT THEM! My first set were all mailed as little gifts to penpals. One at a time tucked into a letter. Now THEY can write in them or share them or re-gift them! I will be including these beautiful little things as freebies in my Etsy orders and in Patreon mailings... and I'll continue to tuck them into penpal mail. They're also incredible as an add-on to other handmade cards, journals or address books you might make and gift to friends.

My goal is to get everyone to make just a few cute little things and have them set aside. Go empty a shoe box or dig one out of  the garage and line it with tissue paper and start putting little bits in it... it's AMAZING when you can go "shopping" for something cute in your own stash and have beautiful, simple and kind of kitschy cool little things to send friends on a moment's notice. 

Now, y'all know me already. I do this in mass make style assembly lines and I keep the pieces separated into "shop freebies" and "[insert holiday theme] gifts" and "penpal inserts" and I'm extra that way. You don't have to be. Do a ridiculous experiment like making diamond painting stickers and then turn them into mini cards. Now you can gift them in 4's tucked into a larger handmade envelope tied with a bow... or tuck them one at a time into other things you make - or better... use them yourself as tags on other gifts or sweet notes to people.

As always... please please please tag me at #12SquaredCreations on Instagram if you make these or are inspired to make anything else from this blog - I LOVE to see what you make!

Comments

Popular Posts