and... we have Patreon... OMG!

So... I did a thing.

To replace Etsy over time, and to start actually putting my money where my mouth is, figuratively... I have a Patreon. Specifically Subscription Services including monthly Happy Mails and a Zine.

The Zine includes featured artists... I "soft launched" June 
(translate chickened out and needed to "test" to be sure
I wasn't making a huge mistake. Because anxiety is real, yo.)
featured Sarah Trumpp - because of all the artists out there I have
learned the most from her! Well, and... friends forever. Right? LOL
June included a cover project to make a garland... 
and paper clips... 
and some other fun stuff. Right now only the digital Zine is available
for Zine subscribers when they arrive. (I have 3 extras to send with
July subscriptions as a surprise free gift.)

and then JULY!!! 
PATREON LAUNCHED TODAY!!!!
(link is in dropdown to the left over there <<< )

sneaky peeks... all my own art + goodies from stephanie!
I drew the characters and pieces, digitized them, brought them into
Cricut Design Space and cut them into diecuts... and now they're in the ZINE!
and super fun folded pocket Happy Mail just called Brighter Days
FILLED with color, bling and fun!
original idea is from theDIYDay - because Renee Day is a genius!
This month's inspiring artist is Lisa Oxley... THE ScrapWitchLisa 
because omgosh... honestly... she's amazing!
Things I am learning over time and will have to decide along the way:
1. Happy Mail yes or no?
On the plus side, I LOVE this offering and really want it to take off. For just $12 a month the subscriber gets $8 of the sub price in goodies, fun and a personalized message. On the down side, I basically  barely break even and if it's not selling I should stop offering it... and on Etsy it is NOT SELLING.

2. Video yes or no?
I want to offer tutorial and message videos. I have no idea how so it will be a learning curve. I don't have the equipment so it will have costs involved. And I'm not sure what the patrons will want yet, so... we wait and see.

3. Merch inside of Patreon yes or no? 
The PLAN is to get out of Etsy (or leave only digital offerings there) and move to another platform where I have more control and pay less in fees. The Patreon merch is basically Redbubble, LOTS of things I can't even source, let alone afford to stock and hope sells... so on that hand it's frickin' amazing. On the other hand, it gives them a HUGE chunk of my earnings so that they get a huge chunk of the fees my patrons paid to get those items. Back to Etsy territory again. LOL I want to, and I think ultimately we'll let the patrons decide.

and I'm back to being my own advertiser. LOL OMG! so... we'll see. anything offering a thing for sale on my Instagram gets 4-7 likes. 1245 subscribers. 4-7 likes. so when it's all up there's nowhere but up to go! WOOT YAY ME!

next is advertising and a popup sale to offload some of the things I have already made and to advertise the blind boxes/mystery gifts boxes... first to come up with clever names for them. 

What's in the Box? $150 retail value handmade items including journals, crochet items, altered items, jewelry, ornaments and everything else from my shop. HIGHLY giftable... and all sold at flat $75 - price includes shipping. I'll make them, photograph the possible offerings and then list them on Etsy to sell or not to sell. I'll also have one contest in the Patreon for a free one.

Wish me luck. I'm feeling jazzed and a little stressed! I'm already at 2/25 towards the first goal! :D


Comments

Popular Posts