12SquaredCreations Patreon November #1 - Random Elements Cards

This series is my gift to all of you. Inspiration and some instruction for gifts you can make and include in a standard envelope to a friend, penpal or family member. Something that doesn't have to wait for the holidays and doesn't have to be about holiday gifting at all. I love sending surprises in the mail that didn't cost me an arm and a leg or tons of time and effort and that still say, "You are special and you matter to me."

For the Patreon group: I've sent you your first swap card and all of the bits... 
and set the rules as I say below that I like to do. 
You COULD make your own swap and send them out instead! :D 
You have the envelope making guide from October and an A2 card is just an 
8.5x11" piece of paper cut in half across the 11" side!

Many of these ideas can be combined. I'll try to remember each time to list the other projects that can combine with each one, and if you happen to see something I missed or didn't think of, please message me at 12SquaredCreations and let me know - tag me if you make it so I can see! I love seeing all the amazing ways everyone else thinks of things, or makes the things I offer up as ideas.

The best part of this one is the participation from your penpal or friend and how fun it can be if you all agree to play and give it your all.

Random Elements Cards

This is really best as an arranged or surprise swap with people you know well. You're going to make a card for your friend using pieces you got from someone else and then send your friend pieces to make a card for someone else and they'll include pieces for that person. A RAK (Random Act of Kindness) that comes with a built in swap is exactly the sort of thing that makes my heart sing.

SUPPLIES: A card face or piece of cardstock to turn into a card (or upcycle something fun if you have a thing in mind), an assortment of little bits and pieces from your own ephemera or stationery collection. There's no right or wrong. An envelope that is suitable for your card, letter and for the pieces you're sending forward. 

you're seeing a random assortment of backing cards from packages, off-cuts
and even leftover frames from things I've cut on the Cricut... literally random stuff from my desk!

If you're the starting person you'll need to set the rules. I usually specify that the recipient must use a minimum number of the pieces or TYPES of pieces sent and if I'm beginning the swap I will also make using similar items, though maybe not all the same. I also tend to try to match what I send to the things I know the person I'm mailing to enjoys. 

If you do this please please please post pictures and tag me at 12SquaredCreations on Instagram (Patreon friends, #12SquaredCreationsZine on Instagram) or post your results in the Patreon group because I'd love to see what you all make and what you include to your unsuspecting (or willing) friends! Sometimes these are the most amazing gifts you can give!

Comments

Popular Posts