Hand Stamp Cards For Friends For A HUGE Impact

It sounds simple, I know... and like something we all know. And hand stamped and colored cards do not HAVE to be part of a die-cut and layered card that costs $1.50 to mail and requires a special envelope.

In fact, these days I think we ALL prefer simple, hand made LOOKING things that say what we want them to in the moment and have a very spur-of-the-moment kindness feel to them. Things that say, "Oh gosh, I thought of you and wanted to do something for you RIGHT NOW."
green paper was first impression the stamp made
I used Fashion Girl stamps from Amazon
which can also be gotten on Amazon
and 110# (60gsm) smooth white cardstock
along with cheap colored pencils

There is a video of this process on my Patreon available to all subscription levels - and honestly... it's stamp, color and DONE. What makes them special is the time it took you to sit down, think of your friend or of what you want the card to say and then making it. And... if you're the sort who gets peace from assembly line style processes the way that I am, or the sort who also gets a recharge from coloring which I ALSO am... then this is really a self-care project with the most wonderful outcome EVER... because you have made gifts, taken the time to recharge your own batteries and... LOOK HOW WONDERFUL THEY ARE!



So give it a try. Honestly, search Fashion Girl Stamps on Amazon and you'll find literally dozens of sets. I was actually VERY pleased with the ones I got because they were SO crisp right out of the packaging. Some stamps need to be "seasoned" and others are, well... a lot of the time you get what you paid for and this set of stamps was under $7.00 so... LOL

A note about my letter stamps. I got them in a dollar days bin at Target YEARS ago now... I have no idea how to get them that cheap again. There ARE individual letter stamps available on Amazon (between $10-17.00) and often at your local craft stores - I've seen ones like these at Joann and even at the different dollar stores. Nothing says you can't HAND WRITE on your HAND STAMPED card. Honestly. :D And about the corner blips... you'll note I carefully tried to avoid them on "breathe" and then let it go for "love your selfie" - I kind of LIKE that you can see I blipped the edges. It goes in the style and mind of the thing for me. And I bet your friend will love it, too. :D
As always, I love seeing what you do... I know everyone says that and rarely do they ever actually say anything back when you DO bother to tag them and that only means you've never tagged me because I ALWAYS jump in and see what you did. I LOVE seeing it! LOL I can learn from what you're doing, and that is as fun as knowing you were inspired by what I did! We're a community, yourselves and myself... we all grow when we are together!

Show me! #12SquaredCreations on Instagram 

Comments

Popular Posts