2-1123 November How-To Holiday 2023: Packaging Ideas Photo Gallery

hihi... :D still here? I included a few pics in the How-To Holiday booklet, I'm just also going to provide you with some pictures and notes and kind of "this was weird" or "this was epic amounts of happy" sorts of tips and tricks. :D

My most important and sort of "Thanks, Captain Obvious" tip that is anything BUT obvious to most people is this... look at something you bought or received that had packaging you REALLY loved and ask yourself WHY? What was it about the packaging that tickled the spot in you that made you even notice? THAT'S where YOU want to go in your own packaging.

For ME it's the damned ridiculous amounts of detail that places like Apple brought to every element of everything so that now we can't even buy lip gloss at Target without a pretty label, a pull off sticker label and a safety seal all tucked into a pretty paper bag that pops open like the little bags from candy stores used to do! LOL I know, it's awful, and I like it. 

I also love the very homey feel of packages simple wrapped in butcher paper or kraft paper envelopes with a simple twine tie and a tag that says my name and a quick note on it. 

And in the dreamy part of the back of my mind I love the shops that layer those little bags in different colors and textures that coordinate just a little bit so that each item is almost gift wrapped like a gift I bought for myself that starts with opening a tissue wrapper in the box and then becomes the getting to enjoy opening and exploring one little pretty tidbit at a time. I like those the best.

And so that's what I went for in my own holiday packaging. Some things just need to be serviceable or "what they are" because the layers of extra are literally just extra and unnecessary. Some stuff is just homey and fun and handmade and simple. And some things... some things need to be like little individually wrapped candies to find and explore and love just for the sweetness of their pretty papers and colors. I hope I managed to create them all just a little bit... y'all will have to let me know how I did. LOL

AveryLabel.com labels and printables




Designer boxes and bags




Handpainted gift bags or boxes


Wax Paper Candy Wrappers


Bands, Tags and Paper Strips


Cellophane Bags or Clear Plastic Bags

Other useful methods of wrapping are more "traditional" and not at all discredited or discounted here. They include: Flatbag wrap, gift wrap, cloth bags, pencil bags, pre-fab gift boxes, collector tins or boxes and specialty card, cello or paper wrap for specific items like card sets or stationery sets.

Do you have other packaging ideas or things that you do to make your gifts special? Are you going to use some of these tips or methods? Please let me know by tagging me @12SquaredCreations on Instagram or #12SquaredCreationsPatreon so I can see and maybe steal some of your awesome ideas for my own gifts next time! Lets make each other EPIC!

Comments

Popular Posts