12SquaredCreations Patreon November #5 - Morse Code Bracelets

This series is my gift to all of you. Inspiration and some instruction for gifts you can make and include in a standard envelope to a friend, penpal or family member. Something that doesn't have to wait for the holidays and doesn't have to be about holiday gifting at all. I love sending surprises in the mail that didn't cost me an arm and a leg or tons of time and effort and that still say, "You are special and you matter to me."

For the Patreon group: I'm including sample cards and you have a printable for both the holiday themed cards AND a "general use" card for any other time of year. I used averylabels.com free business card (double sided) templates for these cards and you could do the same and design your own. Note that I just punched the top corners and fed the cord through. So simple. So fun. I've included printed (and printable, the PDF is in Patreon) samples of how to tie the bracelets and how to make your own Morse Code Messages that are linked below in the text. ALSO: next month is a fun tag project that would combine with this bracelet REALLY well... and didn't you make Random Elements Cards? Why not send a gift AND an assignment? LOL

The best part of this one is the versatility of color, textures, weights and sizes in beads, cords and designs. There are bracelet wires available - or you can make your own - so you could even make bangle bracelets or charm bracelets!

Morse Code Bracelets 2.0 (see post in June 2019 for another version of this project using larger beads and cords)

A fabulous gift any time of year (I've said that) and for any occasion (also said that) I love these because they're also a way to wear or send secret messages of encouragement or reminders to people who need them and really DON'T want everyone up in their business. 

NOTES: I usually tie a knot between each word and use spacers between each letter... I goofed and kept going and you can hear it. I also had my ends exactly reversed which you can see in the sliding knots video below... I should have used the BACK string around the FRONT one. :D Is ok. We are kind of learning this together. For a first free video I'm not unhappy with this! :D I just also know dozens of ways to make the next one better! Welcome to a whole new age in 12SquaredCreations! 

Link To Morse Code Translator 

Link to How To Tie Sliding Knot

As always, if you make this please please please share with me #12SquaredCreationsPatreon on Instagram so I can see what you did. This month and next there is a contest in place for those of you who do share and tag... just saying. :P


Comments

Popular Posts